ASA Level 2 Award in Teaching Aquatics (QCF)
This course leads to a vocational qualification designed for you to learn how to effectively apply your skills, knowledge and understanding of teaching aquatics.
This qualification aims to provide and equip you, with the skills, knowledge, tools and techniques to effectively plan, prepare, deliver, monitor and evaluate aquatic teaching sessions.
You must be at least 17 years of age at the start of the course.
In order to attend this qualification you must be holders of either:
- ASA UKCC L1 Award in Teaching Aquatics (QCF) – January 2011 onwards
- ASA UKCC L1 Certificate for Teaching Aquatics – 2006-2010
- ASA L1 Certificate for Teaching Swimming post 2002
- ASA Assistant Teacher Certificate (teaching aquatics) post Sept 1994
- NCTP Module 1 and 2 & QTS status and/or HLTA
On successful completion
On successful completion of this qualification you should be able to:
- Establish an effective, fair and equitable aquatic teaching environment
- Establish a safe aquatic teaching environment
- Review participants needs and establish goals for aquatic teaching sessions
- Produce plans for sessions that support participant’s development
- Plan for evaluation of aquatic sessions
- Prepare participants for aquatic teaching sessions
- Establish and maintain working relationships with participants and others
- Deliver aquatic teaching sessions
- Develop participant’s performance
- Conclude aquatic teaching sessions
- Evaluate participant’s performance and effectiveness of sessions
- Monitor personal aquatic teaching practices
The qualification is assessed through a variety of methods and activities in the form of observation, written evidence and/or verbal discussion. Your tutor will help you to understand the different sorts of evidence that are acceptable and appropriate and the methods of assessment that will be used.
Practical assessments will be conducted through observation in you
For more information about any of our courses please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course Dates for 2016: 8 Days – Sunday 2nd to Thursday 7th & Friday,Saturday 15th/16th & 23rd April… click here to SIGN UP now!
For venue information and prices please click HERE.
To download the full course brochure, please click HERE