To provide and equip you, the coach, with the skills, knowledge, tools and techniques to effectively plan, prepare, deliver, monitor and evaluate coaching swimming sessions.
Coaching swimming is a responsible and rewarding role and the sporting community has expectations on coaches’ conduct and behaviour that must be understood and supported by everyone concerned. The ASA Code of Ethics is a general umbrella code encompassing coach’s conduct, identifying and determining appropriate behaviour in the work place.
On successful completion
On successful completion of the ASA UKCC Level 2 Award in Coaching Swimming, you should be able to:
- Establish an effective, fair and equitable coaching environment
- Establish a safe coaching environment
- Review participants needs and establish goals for coaching sessions
- Produce plans for sessions that support participant’s development
- Plan for evaluation of sessions
- Prepare participants for coaching sessions
- Establish and maintain working relationships with participants and others
- Deliver coaching sessions
- Develop participant’s performance
- Conclude coaching sessions
- Evaluate participant’s performance and effectiveness of sessions
- Monitor personal coaching practices
Learner entry requirements:
Learners must be at least 17 years of age to register onto this qualification. Learners must also hold one of the following:
- ASA Level 1 Award in Coaching Swimming (QCF) – January 2011 onwards
- ASA UKCC Level 1 Certificate for Coaching Swimming – 2006-2010
- ASA Level 1 Certificate for Teaching Swimming post 2002 plus ASA Level 1 Award in Coaching Swimming (QCF), units 105-107 or ASA UKCC Level 1 Certificate for Coaching Swimming, unit 2
- ASA Assistant Teacher Certificate (Swimming) post Sept 1994
The qualification is assessed through a variety of methods and activities in the form of observation, written evidence and/or verbal discussion. Your tutor will help you to understand the different sorts of evidence that are acceptable and appropriate and the methods of assessment that will be used.
Practical assessments will be conducted through observation in you
For more information about any of our courses please email firstname.lastname@example.org.